Employment at Mount Hope
We are always looking for enthusiastic, hard-working people to work in all facets of Mount Hope Estate & Winery's year-round season. Many varied and challenging employment opportunities are available full-time, part-time and seasonally, whether it be the Renaissance Faire, Celtic Fling & Highland Games, Great PA Flavor Fest, Mount Hope Wine & Gift Shops or our Spring and Mansion Events and more. Come Join the Magic!
Download our Seasonal Staff Job Descriptions for full list of seasonal job descriptions and qualifications. Then download and fill out the Employment Application for the position you may be interested in. Returning and prospective employees are welcome to apply. An application can be submitted by faxing it to 717-664-3466 or mailing a copy to: Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire Attn: Operations 2775 Lebanon Road Manheim, PA 17545
Featured Positions Available!
Click position name below to learn more and apply today!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Responsible basic retail tasks such as operating cash registers, maintaining an orderly store and helping customers. Coordinate and perform general opening and closing procedures, cash register operations, wine and gift inventory monitoring and shipping/receiving of products. Aim to provide customers with a positive shopping experience. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Cash Register Operations - Ringing up the items a customer plans to purchase, accepting payment and making change. The sales clerk will need to verify the age of customers when they are purchasing alcohol. Basic math skills are helpful for this part of the job, as are basic customer service and problem-solving skills. At the end or beginning of a shift, sales clerks may need to count the money in the register.
Stocking - Rearranging items on the display floor or pricing products. May also be tasked with restocking items from the stockroom. Customers sometimes decide not to purchase items they are carrying and leave them around the store; it is the job of sales clerks to put these items back where they belong.
Customer Service - Assist customers on the sales floor. Answer customer questions about products in a knowledgeable manner.
Cleaning – Assist with keeping the store clean. Tidy and reorganize merchandise.
All applicants must complete an application and online testing through the following link: OnDemandAssessment.com
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Responsible for Mount Hope Estate & Winery’s day-to-day activities optimizing the store's sales and profitability. Coordinate and perform general opening and closing procedures, cash register operations, wine and gift inventory monitoring and shipping/receiving of products. Aim to provide customers with a positive shopping experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and is able to react accordingly for customers who wish to express either their pleasure or displeasure regarding any aspect of the store. Create an environment and a shopping experience where the customers want to return.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Responsible for handling the cash for store opening/closing to ensure all the money is accounted for at End of Day.
- Responsible for properly completing End of Day paperwork and daily data entry when acting as Manager on Duty.
- Ensure availability of merchandise in store and restock product as needed. Assist in making sure Retail Manager is aware of any damaged or out of stock items.
- Maintain store staff by helping to recruit, select, and train employees, as well as disciplinary actions.
- Assist with End of Month Wine Inventory as well as yearly Gift Inventory.
- Assist with the planning of in-store events such as, wine trails and formal tastings, as well as offsite events and festivals.
- Complete store operational requirements by assigning employees daily tasks; monitoring and following up on work results.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Manager’s Responsibility SOP
- Payroll tracking, scheduling and forecasting to be submitted to Store Manager for Approval
- Maintain Employee’s contact information for store operations
Apply at OnDemandAssessment.com
Wastewater Treatment Plant Laboratory Technician
Mount Hope Estate & Winery is seeking a part-time Wastewater Treatment Plant Laboratory Technician. This skilled entry level technician will conduct routine and standard chemical, bacteriological and biological analyses related to the treatment of water and wastewater through pulling samples, reading PH meters, centrifuge operation, and UV microscope spectrophotometry. Applicants must be detail oriented, possess self-initiative and the ability to follow established policies and procedures and apply proper laboratory methods to work problems. Experience in a laboratory conducting standard laboratory tests or instrumental analyses, preferred, but not mandatory. 3-4 hours per day or equivalent hours on non-consecutive days. Pay scale dependent upon experience and education. Send resume to: Mount Hope Estate & Winery, 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim, PA 17545 or email to.