Press Palace: Media Pass Policy
Do You Qualify?
Mount Hope Estate & Winery extends the Media Pass courtesy to working members of the media only. Please see the list of qualifying positions below. All requests are reviewed by the Communications Director.
- Radio: On-air announcers, news directors, program directors, producers, general managers and owners.
- Television: News reporters, anchors, photojournalists, assignment editors, news directors, producers, general managers and owners.
- Newspaper/New Media: Reporters, editors, photographers, writers, publishers and webmasters. Fan sites do not qualify.
All requests for media tickets must be arranged through the Communications Director. Working news media should determine the exact date of their visit before calling (717) 665-7021, ext 138 or emailing Candace@PaRenFaire.com. All requests must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance of the day you plan to visit.
Camera and film crews (including still photography) must check in with front gate security and meet with a member of the Communications Department before proceeding onto the grounds. No motorized vehicles can be used to transport equipment on events grounds when the event is open to the public during operating hours.
To expedite each media assignment and confirm that appropriate event personnel is available as needed on the specific day of a media visit, news media members covering specific park stories must request interviews and photo sessions in advance through the Communications Department when making their request for admission tickets. Specific instructions regarding interviews/photo sessions will be provided prior to event arrival, and the Communications Department will make every effort to help facilitate any unusual requests. In order to successfully coordinate interview/ photo sessions, working media should provide specific requests related to the following questions:
- Will an interview/photo shoot be required with event participants?
- What is the nature of the interview/photo shoot?
- Can Mount Hope Estate assist by supplying photos or press materials?
Family members will not be allowed to accompany media during interview and photo sessions.
For all working requests, please contact the Communications Director, Candace Smith at Candace@parenfaire.com or 717-665-7021, ext. 138. Non media-related inquiries should be made through the general Contact Page.