Royal Dog Days at the
Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Saturdays & Sundays, Plus Labor Day Monday
August & September, 2017
Please download the whole Dog Days Registration Packet by clicking here. Packet includes rules listed below, Royal Dog Days Qualified Dog Registration Form (2017), and Royal Dog Days Qualified Dog Waiver (2017).
His Majesty has issued an invitation to the lovers of dogs and their furry companions to join him and the Royal Hounds upon the Faire grounds each weekend in August & September. Howe'er, he doth expect one and all to follow these most serious Dog Days Decrees while visiting the Shire.
Dog Day Decrees
- The Faire welcomes dogs with responsible owners.
- Only one dog per owner will be admitted.
- Owners must be able to provide proof of Rabies Vaccination.
- Owners are required to check in at the Dog Days Registration Window at the Front Gate upon arrival to receive the necessary identification indicating that their dog has been registered with the Faire. Owners must provide the completed Royal Dog Days Qualified Dog Registration Form (2017) and Royal Dog Days Qualified Dog Waiver (2017), which can be found in the Royal Dog Days Packet, before entering the Faire grounds.
- All dogs be on leash (maximum of 6 feet) and kept under control. Retractable leashes are not permitted.
- All owners are required to clean up after their dogs. Do not allow dogs to relieve themselves on walkways or inside booths.
- Guests may not leave dogs unattended at any time.
- Dogs shall not be left unattended in vehicles or in the parking lot.
- Only dogs in good health will be admitted. The Faire reserves the right to refuse any dog.
- Dog owners shall adhere to any requests of performers, merchants or Faire staff, should an issue arise with any dog during a performance, inside a merchant booth or otherwise.
- Not all dogs visiting the Faire will be comfortable with their surroundings. It is for that reason that we reserve the right to ask anyone whose dog appears to be uncomfortable or is not under control to remove the dog from the park.
- Dogs are not permitted inside the Anchor & Mermaid Tavern or the Carriage House Wine Shop. Service dogs are permitted in these locations.
- To keep your pet's water sanitary, please bring your own water bowl. You may also bring water for your dog, but feel free to ask the staff at our food booths if you need water for your Royal Hound.
- If you discover that your dog is not comfortable with a stage presentation, please remove them from the area for the comfort of your pet and the audience in attendance of the show.
- Failure to adhere to any of the above decrees will have the dog and owner escorted to the gate without admission refund.
Some performances contain the use of pyrotechnics, cannon fire, cracking whips or gun fire.
- Opening Gate, cannon fire
- Bloody Best, air effects
- The Grand MacGuffin Melee, concussion blast to close the show
- Sir Isaac Fawlkes, black powder pistol
- Don Juan and Miguel, black powder pistol, whip cracking (Aug. 19 - Sept. 24)
- Human Chess Match, whip cracking
- Ultimate Joust, cannon fire, pyrotechnics and air effects
- Finale in Song, fireworks to end the show, possible whip cracking